After that, I sparred a few rounds. Nothing spectacular, but it was a good chance to practice my developing left hook to the body, inside work, and timing. I need to tighten my guard up, pull my punches back to my face, and get better leverage inside. My speed is a little lacking too, but that should come with more sprinting and core strength. See for yourself.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Day 15 - High Heat
It's hot out and the temperature is rising. Mondays are usually sprint days for me. Since I practice yoga Sundays, I'm limber enough to take the explosive activity of sprinting. Today, though, I decided to test where I am physically. Crunches, pull-ups, three mile run. Easy day, right? Not in one-hundred-and-two-degree heat. The twenty mile per hour winds didn't help either. I did okay. 22 pull-ups, 100 crunches in 100 seconds and 20:00 on the run. Good shape. Not quite boxing shape yet but we can get there.
After that, I sparred a few rounds. Nothing spectacular, but it was a good chance to practice my developing left hook to the body, inside work, and timing. I need to tighten my guard up, pull my punches back to my face, and get better leverage inside. My speed is a little lacking too, but that should come with more sprinting and core strength. See for yourself.
After that, I sparred a few rounds. Nothing spectacular, but it was a good chance to practice my developing left hook to the body, inside work, and timing. I need to tighten my guard up, pull my punches back to my face, and get better leverage inside. My speed is a little lacking too, but that should come with more sprinting and core strength. See for yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment