Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fight Day 3 - Walked Over


Ladies and gents,

I tried my best but in the end it wasn't enough.  Other coaches were surprised I had chosen a tournament for my first amateur bout.  Most boxers have at least a few fights under them before they take a shot at a tournament.  It was highly stressful waiting three days for a bout, and I felt and fought anxious.  But it was a great deal of fun.  I became really close with my coaches and with the fellow boxers at my gym.  I have taken some time off since, finding my free time occupied by family and work.  But I am making plans for a return to the ring.  I learned that no amount of gym work or physical training can compensate for a lack of experience.  But there's no point of making excuses.  I tried hard.  I did my best.  I lost this time.  But there'll be another day.  Stay tuned.  And thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment