Despite my cold, I found time to drive to Fantasy Springs Casino in Indio where the fight is taking place to register our time. This tournament is going to be no joke. They are setting up four rings and professional lighting. The seating is amphitheater-like and there is plenty. According to the organizer, there should be enough in my weight class to fight Tuesday through Saturday (if I win each day).
After watching novice 152-pounders from across the nation on Youtube I doubt there are any that can dominate me. Based on my training and experience, I should be able to hold my own against anyone if I stick to the game plan. If anything, I wish the rounds were a full three minutes as opposed to two. During the last few weeks I have come to realize that I am a slow starter. I am concerned, particularly against a taller boxer, that I won't have enough time to impress the judges if he gets off early. But that is the beauty of boxing. Every opponent poses a different set of problems to unlock and challenges to overcome. For now, I rest. I rest and I wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment